Chia Smoothie Pudding — Juiced Up Strawberry/Banana
by Bryan DiSanto, Chef & Founder of LeanItUP.com
You can have your smoothie and eat it, too. Chia Smoothie Pudding takes a classic smoothie recipe, Strawberry Banana, and transforms it into dessert-like pudding form, thanks to the chia seeds and the 100% natural psyllium husk fiber in Metamucil.
It’s a fiber-rich bomb of nutrition that’s loaded with healthy fats, omega-3s, vitamin A, beta-carotene, and vitamin C, and a whopping 7g of fiber per serving making it the perfect snack.
Alternatively, you can make this recipe with any flavor of smoothie as a liquid base and add toppings as desired.
Ingredients (makes 6 servings):
• 1 cup almond milk
• 1 cup strawberries
• 1 banana
• 2 tbsp. goji berries
• 2 tbsp. shredded coconut (unsweetened)
• ½ cup chia seeds
• 6 tsp. Metamucil Original Smooth
• *optional (when available) — ½ pitaya for color
• *optional — mixed berries, chia seeds, hemp seeds, cacao nibs
1. Blend almond milk, strawberries, banana, and ice together.
2. Pour into a large bowl and stir in chia seeds, goji berries, and shredded coconut. Mix thoroughly.
3. Gradually add Metamucil (1 tsp. at a time) and continuously stir. Continue to add until it reaches a thick, pudding-like consistency (6 tsp. total).
4. Separate into smaller containers/glasses and refrigerate 4 hours (or overnight).
Nutrition Info (per serving):
• 185 calories, 9.5g fat, 27g carbs, 7g fiber, 6.5g sugar, 6g protein
If you’re loving this psyllium husk fiber smoothie, check out more of our high fiber recipes!