Metamucil Multihealth Fiber Capsules Plus Calcium
Metamucil® Multihealth Fiber Capsules Plus Calcium give you healthy fiber and are an excellent source of calcium.
Just one serving provides as much calcium as an 8 oz glass of milk, as a non-dairy source. It adds healthy fiber to your diet to help lower cholesterol to promote heart health,* help maintain healthy blood sugar levels, as part of your diet,*† and get the calcium you need to build strong bones.
Metamucil Multihealth Fiber Capsules Plus Calcium Ingredients
Psyllium Husk, Calcium Carbonate, Gelatin, Crospovidone, Titanium Dioxide, Polysorbate 80, Caramel Color, Red 40 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake
Metamucil Multihealth Fiber Capsules Plus Calcium Supplement Information and Facts
Rely on Metamucil for these important, multiple health benefits:
- Helps lower cholesterol to promote heart health*
- Promotes digestive health†
- Low glycemic index*†
- Gluten free (less than 20 ppm gluten)*
- Helps maintain healthy blood sugar levels as part of your diet*†
- Excellent source of calcium
- Physical activity and adequate calcium throughout life, as part of a well-balanced diet along with physical activity, may reduce the risk of osteoporosis.
For Cholesterol Lowering* and Heart Health
- Diets low in saturated fat and cholesterol that include 7 grams of soluble fiber per day from psyllium husk, as in Metamucil, may reduce the risk of heart disease by lowering cholesterol. One serving of Metamucil provides 2.1 grams of this soluble fiber.
- Metamucil provides 100% natural fiber, in the form of psyllium husk, to help promote and maintain regularity.
- Can be used for occasional constipation.
For Bone Health†
- Diets high in calcium can help build strong bones.
For Gastrointestinal Function†
- A healthy diet including fiber, such as psyllium, may help support GI function.
Serving Size5 Capsules
Metamucil Multihealth Fiber Capsules Plus Calcium Directions
Take this product (adults and children 12 years and older, up to 5 capsules swallowed 1 at a time) with at least 8 oz (a full glass) of liquid. Can be taken up to 4 times daily.
NOTICE: Taking without enough liquid may cause choking. See choking warning. Do not take if you have difficulty swallowing. Take in an upright position.
As an easy way to increase daily fiber and calcium intake, take 2 to 5 capsules with at least 8 oz of liquid. Under 12 years: Ask a doctor.
This Metamucil product has a low glycemic index, a measure of the effect of dietary carbohydrates on blood sugar levels.*†
Metamucil Multihealth Fiber Capsules Plus Calcium Warnings
- Choking: Taking this product without adequate fluid may cause it to swell and block your throat or esophagus and may cause choking. Do not take this product if you have difficulty swallowing. If you experience chest pain, vomiting, or difficulty in swallowing or breathing after taking this product, seek immediate medical attention.
- Allergy alert: This product may cause allergic reaction in people sensitive to inhaled or ingested psyllium.
- Fiber products may affect how well medicines work. If you are taking a prescription medicine by mouth, take this product at least 2 hours before or 2 hours after the prescribed medicine.
- As your body adjusts to increased fiber intake, you may experience changes in bowel habits or minor bloating.
- Contact your doctor BEFORE USING this dietary supplement if you have recently experienced a sudden change in bowel habits persisting for 2 weeks, abdominal pain, nausea, or vomiting.
- Consult a doctor if you are considering use of this product as part of a cholesterol-lowering program.
- Stop using this dietary supplement and ask a doctor if constipation lasts more than 7 days or rectal bleeding occurs. These may be signs of a serious condition.
- Keep out of reach of children. In case of accidental ingestion, contact your doctor or a Poison Control Center right away.
Metamucil Multihealth Fiber Capsules Plus Calcium Other Information
- To open bottle, push down and turn.
- An excellent source of calcium in 5 capsules
- Store at room temperature tightly closed to protect from humidity.
- See bottom for "best by" date.
- Contains 100% natural fiber (psyllium).